The report presents company approach to social, environmental and economic aspects. It also provides an overview of company impact on the environment and social involvement in 2018.
Download infographic .
- The report covers Agora S.A. and other entities of Agora Group: Agora Poligrafia, Agora TC, AMS, Adpol, Grupa Radiowa Agory (GRA), Doradztwo Mediowe, Inforadio, Helios, NEXT FILM, Domiporta (in 2017 as Trader.com Polska), Optimizers, Yieldbird, unless indicated otherwise.
'The Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018' is fulfilling the requirements of Directive 2014/95/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 amending Directive 2013/34/EU as regards disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large undertakings and groups and in compliance with Accounting Act. A certified auditor only verifies whether the entity has complied with the reporting requirements (Report of independent auditor - consolidated and unconsolidated).
The statement applies indicators based on the international GRI Standards (Global Reporting Initiative Standards) for sustainability reporting. Te report was prepare in accordance with GRI Standards on core options and financial statements was according to IFRS.
The report is based on the following documents, norms and standards:
Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018 was based on GRI Standards rather than GRI Guidelines, that were applied in developing the 2017 report.
This report does not contain other significant changes in terms of scope, range or method of measurement from the previous year.
- Non-financial statement is a separate part of Agora Group’s 2018 annual statements approved by the Management Board.
- Representatives of the Management Board and the managers of relevant businesses of Agora Group were involved with internal verification process. Also Agora’s stakeholders were invited to participate in the process (More in section Dialogue with stakeholders). Employees of The Agora Group participated in the development of this report and the process was coordinated by Corporate Communications Department of Agora Group.
- The document is not audited externally. A certified auditor only verifies whether the entity has complied with the reporting requirements. (Report of independent auditor - consolidated and unconsolidated).
- Polish and English versions of website are available as well as pdf format to download (Polish and English versions).
- Agora S.A. has developed their own 2018 Responsibility Report, only covering the activities of Agora S.A. (Polish and English versions).
The Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018 is issued in compliance with Accounting Act.
Fulfilling the requirements of Accounting Act the Company presented separate consolidated and non-consolidated report of Agora S.A. and the Agora Group regarding non-financial reporting for 2018 with Annual Consolidated and Unconsolidated Financial Statements on 8th March 2019. Reports are available on the corporate website www.agora.pl in Polish and English.
Consolidated and unconsolidated non-financial report of Agora S.A. and the Agora Group were prepared according to standards set out by Global Reporting Initiative (GRI Standards).
To comply with non-financial reporting requirements, the following elements were presented as follows:
- Business model – described in section Business Model and Key Outcomes and Results as well as in other relevant parts of the document (see Agora Group).
- Policies and results – indicated in Approach to Management and in other relevant parts of the document. Additionally, relevant results values are highlighted in the tables.
- Procedures – specified in Approach to Management and in other relevant parts of the document.
- Effectiveness indicators - described in section Business Model and Key Outcomes and Results as well values in tables in other chapters and highlighted in the text (see Agora Group).
- Risks – described in the section Non-financial risks’ and in other relevant sections (see Non-financial risks and Internal control and risk management systems).
The purpose of the reporting process is analysing and monitoring the impact of the company in accordance with adopted rules and indicators.
- Preparation - determining priority aspects, preparations to the process.
- Outreach - inviting employees and other stakeholders to consult on the report.
- Defining scope and indicators - determining the list of indicators and areas to be covered by the report.
- Data collection - collecting data to be included in the report.
- Reporting - developing final version of the report and communication.
Dialogue with stakeholders in the process of report development included a survey addressed to employees and investors, and collecting feedback through other channels from industry organizations and other stakeholders.
DIALOGUE WITH EMPLOYEES
employees completed a questionnaire on CSR report 2018
Agora employees were asked to indicate the areas they find important and they believe should be covered in the 2018 report. Each area was rated on a 1-5 scale, where 5 stands for ‘the highest importance’ and 1- ‘the lowest importance’. With 4.5 average rating, ‘Employee training and career development’ ranked the highest, followed by ‘Programmes and benefits for employees’ – 4.4, and ‘Preventing workplace discrimination and mobbing’ – average rate at 4.2. ‘Respecting human rights’ and ‘Business strategy of the company’ also ranked high in the survey.
Tab. Average rates in the questionnaire for agora group responsibility report 2018
Additionally, in comments employees considered Agora Group Responsibility Report 2017 ‘useful, clear and interesting’.
To collect investor feedback, in March 2018, representatives of the capital market – investors and analysts were asked in a questionnaire to evaluate Responsibility Reports of Agora Group and Agora S.A. According to their opinions, the document formula is interesting, data is presented in an appealing form and the report shows Agora from a new perspective.
Dialogue with stakeholders allowed Agora Group to identify important areas and topics to include in Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018.
Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018 lists 65 good practices - examples of initiatives, campaigns or activities conducted by Agora Group in each area of responsibility. Below are descriptions of the good practices of Agora.
good practices in Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018
Tab. Good practices in Agora Group Responsibility Report 2018
Spis dobrych praktyk w Raporcie Odpowiedzialności Grupy Agora za 2018 r.
STRATEGIC APPROACH TO RESPONSIBILITY
- AGORA GROUP RESPONSIBILITY REPORT 2017
WORKPLACE AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- AGORA PRACODAWCA PRZYJAZNYM CZYTAJĄCYM (READER-FRIENDLY EMPLOYER)
- FREE E-BOOKS FOR SUMMER VACATION AND HOLIDAYS
- PRZECZYTANA? WYMIEŃ SIĘ! (FINISHED READING? PASS IT ON!)
- CHODŹ DO TEATRU (COME, WATCH A PLAY)
- DWIE GODZINY DLA RODZINY (TWO HOURS FOR THE FAMILY)
- AGOROWA STREFA KIBICA (AGORA FOOTBALL FANS) - GAZETA.PL and SPORT.PL
- FIRST AID TRAINING
- PROMOTION OF HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AMONG AGORA EMPLOYEES
- GAZETA WYBORCZA SCHOOL OF EDITORS
- MANAGEMENT STANDARDS IN GAZETA.PL
- AMS PRACODAWCA/EMPLOYER DIMAQ
- AGORA OF IDEASAGORA SIGNED DIVERSITY CHARTER
RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
- DIALOGUE WITH CLIENTS VIA THE NEW WEB PAGE OF GAZETA.PL ADVERTISING OFFICE OF
- NEW AD FORMATS OF GAZETA.PL, FOLLOWING RECOMMENDATIONS OF COALITION FOR BETTER ADS
- AMS AND TANDEM MEDIA AWARDED IN THE RANKING OF ADVERTISING BROKERS OF MEDIA&MARKETING POLSKA
- GAZETA.PL EDUCATES THE ADVERTISING INDUSTRY IN GAZETA.PL LAB
- INTERNATIONAL PODCAST DAY WITH RADIO TOK FM
- DIGITAL SUBSCRIBERS OF GAZETA WYBORCZA SUPPORT SOCIAL CAUSES AND NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS
- AUTOMATIC TRANSCRIPTS OF RADIO TOK FM BROADCASTS
- PRYVIT – THE FIRST FREE NEWSPAPER FOR UKRAINIANS IN WROCŁAW
- HELIOS JOINS A PROGRAMME FOR VETERANS
- SCREENINGS IN UKRAINIAN IN HELIOS CINEMAS
- KULTURA DOSTĘPNA (ACCESSIBLE CULTURE) IN HELIOS CINEMAS
- #ZWYKLINIEZWYKLI AND #MICRODOC VIDEO CYCLES BY WIDEO GAZETA.PL
- VIDEO SERIES OF WYBORCZA.PL W POŻYCZONYCH GARNITURACH (IN BORROWED SUITS)
- NEWSMAVENS.COM – EUROPE’S FIRST NEWS SERVICE CREATED EXCLUSIVELY BY WOMEN
- MÓJ PIERWSZY RAZ (MY FIRST TIME) CAMPAIGN OF GAZETA WYBORCZA
- ANNA LASZUK AWARD OF RADIO TOK FM
- NAGRODA FOTOGRAFICZNA GAZETY WYBORCZEJ IM. KRZYSZTOFA MILLERA ZA ODWAGĘ PATRZENIA (KRZYSZTOF MILLER PHOTO AWARD FOR THE COURAGE TO LOOK)
- GAZETA WYBORCZA AS ONE OF THE ORGANIZERS OF RYSZARD KAPUŚCIŃSKI AWARD
- ECOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS IN AGORA POLIGRAFIA PLANT IN TYCHY
- AMS INVESTS IN ECOLOGICAL SOLUTIONS FOR CITIES, GREEN STOPS IN KRAKÓW AND SOLAR PANELS IN CITIES across POLAND
- ADOPTUJ PSZCZOŁĘ (ADOPT A BEE) – CAMPAIGN OF GAZETA.PL AND GREENPEACE POLSKA
- USŁYSZ SWOJE MIASTO (HEAR YOUR CITY) CAMPAIGN OF RADIO TOK FM
- WYBORCZA NA ŻYWO (WYBORCZA LIVE)
- #JESTEM CYCLE OF VIDEO TEAM OF WYBORCZA.PL
- POLKA STULECIA (POLISH WOMAN OF THE CENTURY) POLL OF WYSOKIE OBCASY
- KOBIETY NA MURY (WOMEN ICONS ON WALLS) – CAMPAIGN OF WYSOKIE OBCASY
- KOBIETY WIEDZĄ CO ROBIĄ (WOMEN KNOW) – CAMPAIGN OF WYSOKIE OBCASY
- WYBORCZA KOBIET (WYBORCZA OF WOMEN) - SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY ISSUE OF GAZETA WYBORCZA
- DŁUGOWIECZNI (LONG-LIVED) IN SILESIA
- SPOTKAJMY SIĘ W POWIATOWEJ 17 – SERIES OF GET-TOGETHERS GAZETA WYBORCZA IN POZNAŃ DISTRICT
- GAZETA WYBORCZA TESTS READERS’ KNOWLEDGE IN WARSAW, TRI-CITY AND WROCŁAW
- 100 DRZEW NA 100-LECIE NIEPODLEGŁOŚCI OD ROCK RADIA (100 TREES FOR 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF INDEPENDENCE)
- JUTRONAUCI (TOMORROWNAUTS) BILET ZA HORYZONT (TICKET BEYOND HORIZON) COMPETITION
- MATEMATYKA SIĘ LICZY (MATHEMATICS COUNTS) EDUCATIONAL FESTIVAL OF Gazeta Wyborcza
- FAMILY FEST ORGANIZED BY EDZIECKO.PL (GAZETA.PL) AND CO JEST GRANE 24
- KINO NA TEMAT AND KINO NA TEMAT JUNIOR (CINEMA TO THE POINT AND CINEMA TO THE POINT JUNIOR) IN HELIOS CINEMAS
- GALERIA PLAKATU AMS (AMS POSTER GALLERY)
- ODWAŻ SIĘ – CAMPAIGN OF Gazeta Wyborcza in KATOWICE
- UWAGA, WAKACJE! – GAZETA WYBORCZA AND WOŚP TEACH FIRST AID
- JEM, KUPUJĘ, MYŚLĘ, NIE MARNUJĘ (EAT, BUY, THINK, DON’T WASTE) – DEBATE WITH EXPERTS IN WARSAW OFFICE OF GAZETA WYBORCZA AND FOOD COLLECTION
- PRZYGARNIJ PLAKAT (ADOPT A POSTER) – SPECIAL CAMPAIGN OF AMS FOR WARSAW ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS
- GAZETA WYBORCZA CELEBRATES UNESCO WORLD POETRY DAY
- CENTRUM PREMIER CZERSKA 8/10 (8/10 CZERSKA STREET PREMIERE CENTRE)
- MEDIA GRUPY AGORA WSPIERAJĄ WOŚP (AGORA GROUP SUPPORTS GREAT ORCHESTRA OF CHRISTMAS CHARITY)
- TYDZIEŃ DOBREGO SERCA (GOOD HEART WEEK) – CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN OF GAZETA.PL
- CHARITY RECORD FOR CHILDREN PRODUCED BY WYDAWNICTWO AGORA AND KARIMSKI CLUB
- CHARITY AUDIOBOOK WITH WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL FAIRY TALES AVAILABLE ON PUBLIO.PL
- ROCK RADIO CHARITY AUCTION FOR RAK’N’ROLL FOUNDATION
- GAZETA WYBORCZA CHARYTATYWNIE Z OKAZJI DNIA DZIECKA (GAZETA WYBORCZA ON CHILDREN'S DAY – CHARITY ACTIONS)
- FABRYKA ŚW. MIKOŁAJA (SANTA CLAUS FACTORY OF GAZETA WYBORCZA)
- AGORA WINS PRESTIGIOUS AWARD FOR CAPITAL MARKET COMMUNICATIONS
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF AGORA GROUP IN 2018
- HARMONY. SMARTER READER’S JOURNEY DIGITAL NEWS INITIATIVE